Monday, April 04, 2005

SUNDAY BEATS THE CRAP OUT OF ME

It’s Sunday today, the day of the week that God rested. Where we must also rest and spend the time with our family and increase our spirituality, this what I have been taught from the beginning of my life. Yup, I grew up in a very religious family. Where the main purpose of our life is to serve Him. Well, that is what I did before I started hating myself. I was the obedient son, the friend who is always there, the intelligent student, everything you can ask for. I lived for others, making sure that everyone is happy, that if anybody were sad, I would always be there to be a shoulder to cry on.

Then I started hating myself, it all started when I losing my motivation in being the person I was. People around me think I was perfect, that I should be the best in what I do. Nobody seems to realize I had weaknesses, and that I also need to be cared and to need someone to cry on. But when I try to tell them these things, they always had some explanation and solution for me, when all I wanted was for someone to listen. Well, this really scared and hurt in a way I have never known before, so I decided to just hide in a mask of happiness, when deep inside I was already dying.

Then she came into my life. For the first time in my life, I thought I could be who I am. Yes, I was happy. Never been so happy in life. But like all good things in life it had to end. It started slowly, until it was to late for me to save. It really crushed me, but as always, people still expected me to be who I was before. Still taking time picking up the pieces but eventually I have to be what I was before. But deep inside I wish someone would find and save me from what I have become.

No comments: