Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Latin Quotes Part 1

I recently discovered this on the net. It's really interesting, check it out

Absum! - I'm outta here!
Aegroto, dum anima est, spes esse dicitur - It is said that for a sick man, there is hope as long as there is life
Aeronavis abstractio a prestituto cursu - Hijacking
Age. Fac ut gaudeam - Go ahead. Make my day!
Amicule, deliciae, num is sum qui mentiar tibi? -Baby, sweetheart, would I lie to you?
An nescis, mi fili, quantilla sapientia mundus regatur? - Don't you know then, my son, how little wisdom rules the world?
Animadvertistine, ubicumque stes, fumum recta in faciem ferri? - (At a barbeque) Ever noticed how wherever you stand, the smoke goes right into your face?
Appareo Decet Nihil Munditia? - Is It Not Nifty?
Apudne te vel me? - Your place or mine?
Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris amplioris- Face it, you're stuck in a dead end job
Astra non mentiuntur, sed astrologi bene mentiuntur de astris - The stars never lie, but the astrologs lie about the stars
Bene, cum Latine nescias, nolo manus meas in te maculare - Well, if you don't understand plain Latin, I'm not going to dirty my hands on you
Bovina Sancta! - Holy cow!
Braccae illae virides cum subucula rosea et tunica Caledonia-quam elenganter concinnatur! - Those green pants go so well with that pink shirt and the plaid jacket!
Braccae tuae aperiuntur - Your fly is open
Brevior saltare cum deformibus mulieribus est vita- Life is too short to dance with ugly women
Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita - Life is too short to dance with ugly men
Brevis esse latoro obscurus fio - When I try to be brief, I speak gobbledegook
Canis meus id comedit - My dog ate it
Caro putridas es! - You're dead meat
Carpe Cerevisi - Seize the beer!
caput tuum saxum immane mittam - I have a catapult. Give me all your money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head
Cave canem, te necet lingendo - Beware of the dog, he may lick you to death
Cave canem - Beware of the dog
Cave cibum, valde malus est - Beware the food, it is very bad
Cave ne ante ullas catapultas ambules - If I were you, I wouldn't walk in front of any catapults
Certamen bikini-suicidus-disci mox coepit? - Does the Bikini-Suicide-Frisbee match start soon?
Certe, toto, sentio nos in kansate non iam adesse- You know, Toto, I have a feeling we're not inKansas anymore
Cogito sumere potum alterum - I think I'll have another drink
Corripe Cervisiam - Seize the beer!
Coruscantes disci per convexa caeli volantes -Flying saucers
Crapulam terriblem habeo - I have a terrible hangover
Credidi me felem vidisse! - I tought I taw a puddy tat!
Credo elvem etiam vivere - I believe Elvis lives
Cuiusvis hominis est errare; nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare - Any man can make a mistake; only a fool keeps making the same one
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt - When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults
Cur etiam hic es - Why are you still here?
Da mihi basilia mille - Kiss me with a thousand kisses
Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo! - Make me chaste and pure, but not yet!
Da mihi sis bubulae frustrum assae, solana tuberosa in modo gallico fricta, ac quassum lactatum coagulatum crassum - Give me a hamburger, french fries, and a thick shake
Da mihi sis cerevisiam dilutam - I'll have a light beer
Da mihi sis crustum Etruscum cum omnibus in eo- I'll have a pizza with everything on it
De inimico non loquaris sed cogites - Don't wish ill for your enemy; plan it
Deus ex machina - A contrived or artificial solution. (literally, 'a god from a machine')
Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit! - God, look at the time! My wife will kill me!Diabolus fecit, ut id facerem! - The devil made me do it!
Dic mihi solum facta, domina - Just the facts,
ma'amDuc, sequere, aut de via decede - Lead, follow, or get out of the way
Ducator meus nihil agit sine lagunculae leynidae accedunt - My calculator does not work without batteries
Duco ergo sum - I calculate therefore I am
Dum inter homines sumus, colamus humanitatem- As long as we are among humans, let us be humane. (Seneca)
Eram quod es, eris quod sum - I was what you are, you will be what I am. (grave inscription)
Ergo bibamus - Therefore, let us drink

1 comment:

ai.ps. said...

Hon, I saw your newly adopted pet just now...

You just had to name it after me.

=P

...

...

=P