Friday, July 18, 2008

NIGHTMARE

I couldn’t move and really didn’t want too. I was bound by chains that seem to pierce my body multiple times. There were three in each arm, four in each leg, one in each shoulder, one through the chest and three in stomach. I couldn’t see where the chains began or ended, I can see only where it entered in my body, with blood and gore dripping in the chains. The links of the change were made from different materials, although I had no idea how. It held me in place, I couldn’t move, but I wasn’t scared, in fact I felt safe. The safest I felt in years, even though it was scary and I was paralyzed I felt like I was in a sanctuary of some sort. Then everything seems to move slowly, the clink of chains and the grinding of metal to bone and flesh. At first, I wanted to scream as though I have been doing this for years but nothing came out of my mouth. I was tired, I felt numb. I was expecting pain but emptiness has replaced it.

I finally saw the end of chains, jagged prongs much like what you see in meat shop, all rusty and seemed to be encrusted in something black which have the stench of rotten meat and for a moment it was first time I smelled something but it felt I already knew it before. In one swift motion they seem to rip me apart. I was barely whole and was falling pretty fast, and still there was no fear, no pain, and as if I was expecting it all to happen.

I falling pretty fast that I could barely see anything around me, well maybe for that thing the use to be my hand or liver. Oddly, I started to slow down until I gradually came to a halt. Smiling or at least I thought I was with the thought that I really didn’t miss much on my way down. The walls were bare and gray; there wasn’t much to see except for a few vital organs by my side.

As I lay there waiting, I heard familiar footsteps. Calmly waiting for the person I knew to approach me already, I began to think of what I would like for dinner, though I highly doubted it would be possible given my condition at the moment. Then the footsteps stopped and I was staring directly at myself, for the first time I felt fear. Fear so great I ended screaming myself up.

No comments: