Saturday, February 11, 2006

TEN THINGS I LOVE BEING A PILIPINO

A friend ask me to list things i love being here in the pilipino. Took me awhile to figure out what i like coz "there are so many things I love being a pilipino". Most or all these things are not original from me some are things I've learn from and heard from others. So here they are in no particular order:

1. The Barrel Man, for those who don't know what a barrel man is it's a wooden figure of an indian inside a barrel, and if you lift the barrel, "toink!" something comes pops out that I do not want to remember (emotional trauma).

2. The Bulalo. I love sucking the bone marrow out of those pig knuckles, the cholesterol is at it again.

3. The world is my urinal! Yes, Pilipino Males still do it. They still mark their territory by peeing on walls, post, trees (actually, any vegetation that is enough to cover it.), and cars.

4. Streetfoods, from fishball, taho, samalamig to quek-quek, bopis, tokneneng, iud, adidas to the really " I really need a booster shoot for hepatitis a, b, to c.

5. When the world is in chaos, there is political instability, the market is down, the value of money is down and prices are skyrocketing, when everyone in the is panic. It's just an ordinary day here in the Philippines.

6. In the face adversary, pilipino's would laugh their way out of it. Yes, we would just laugh at it. Now imagine what we are doing during times of plenty.

7. We are the only people that responds to pssts and hoy. And we know who is being called.

8. Our names, more precisely our nicknames. Imagine seeing 50 years old men and women name boy, totoy, baby, nene, etc. Also who could forget len-len, bong-bong, ten-ten, etc...

9. Traffic here in manila. An american friend once commented that the philppines has the most parking space in the world, coz all the cars are always parked.

10. Lastly, ME! of course this country won't be the same without me. So backed off assholes!

No comments: