Saturday, April 22, 2006

Graduation Phobia

Its Vice graduation today. I didn't go even though my mom insisted that I go. I just have to make some lame excuse that I'm not feeling well. Never told anyone this before why I don't like graduations, but I really need to get this out and this is the best way of doing it, by posting it in the net where everyone is free to see it. Hehehe!

I think it was my high school graduation that cause this dislike for graduations. During this time we where having some financial difficulty so my parents were not in the best mood, but a week before that we all went to my brother and sister's graduation and you can see them with their smiles. Me on the other hand was a whole different story. My dad was the only one to see me walk the stage. I can remember that day so vividly. Everyone one was there with their parents and relatives all smiling ,all happy. I can see my dad filled with problems and wishing that the whole thing was over so we can go home. After the graduation we went home to see my mom screaming at everyone coz we were late for a party at a family friends. So without much as a congratulations we went to the party.

I'm not blamimg my parents for this or anything. We work that out a long time ago. But its still difficult for me to attend any graduation. Come to think of it I haven't attended any graduation since then. I guess the wounds are still here just covered with lies and smiles.

No comments: