Thursday, June 28, 2007

MARRIAGY

I finally meet Aprile’s older sister, Cherry, today when I visited her mom in the hospital. She was really okay and fun to be with, but I knew that there would be a problem when the thing called religion came up. As most of you know, I’m a Mormon and Aprile is a Catholic--“a devout Catholic.” We really stayed away from the issue, but I knew it would come out eventually.

So, the visit went well. When it was time for Cherry to leave, Aprile went down with her. It took some time for her to come back. I asked what they did, and she said they had a chat about a lot things, including me. I, being ever the curious asked what said about me. Everything was good until my religion came up. Her sister went a little apprehensive about me being of a different religion, and she was quite worried about Aprile changing her religion. She told her sister that everything was okay and she had no plans of changing hers, and it wasn’t a problem in our relationship and that I was okay with it (I really am).

We ended up talking about our plans for the future, and then she told me that she dreamed about having a Catholic marriage and already had a priest in mind.

Don’t get me wrong here. I would marry her no matter what, but I think I’ll burn to ashes once I step in a “church” at the moment. That might’ve been overly exaggerated, but God and I have not been in good terms for a while now. The idea of me getting married under any religion is not sitting very well with me. I still believe in everything about my faith, but there’s still this hate (excuse me for the word) inside me, that part of me that’s hurt, alone, bitter, and keeps on asking why. It’s funny that these feelings are still with me after all that’s been said and done. I know a lot of people would be sad and confused, but that’s just how I feel right now.

For Aprile, I love you and still love to marry you in the future. Don’t worry it about I’ll think of something. WUBBERS!!!

No comments: